Sunday, April 1, 2018

Review: In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

27834600 Summary from Goodreads:

In a dark, dark wood


Nora hasn't seen Clare for ten years. Not since Nora walked out of school one day and never went back. 


There was a dark, dark house


Until, out of the blue, an invitation to Clare’s hen do arrives. Is this a chance for Nora to finally put her past behind her?


And in the dark, dark house there was a dark, dark room


But something goes wrong. Very wrong.


And in the dark, dark room.... 



Some things can’t stay secret for ever. 

My Review:



What I Liked:


Characters/POV. The novel is only from the main character, Nora's point of view, which is something that I enjoy about Ware's style. She crafts great and interesting side characters but only stays with the main character during the novel. 


Writing Style. Once again my favorite aspect of Ware's novel is her beautiful and easy to read writing style. It always makes me want to keep picking up her novels.  


Twists/Suspense. As always, Ware is able to great a plot and setting that is suspenseful with every chapter. The twists in this first novel were not as shocking as later ones but they were still interesting to read. I was able to guess a lot of them but I still enjoyed reading the novel despite that.


I recommend reading this suspense filled mystery if you enjoy Ware's writing style and ability to keep you guessing throughout the novel.

My Rating:


5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment