Sunday, June 17, 2018

Review: Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris

36600116 Summary from Goodreads:

A young British couple are driving through France on holiday when they stop for gas. He runs in to pay, she stays in the car. When he returns her car door has been left open, but she's not inside. No one ever sees her again.
Ten years later he's engaged to be married; he's happy, and his past is only a tiny part his life now. Until he comes home from work and finds his new wife-to-be is sitting on their sofa. She's turning something over in her fingers, holding it up to the light. Something that would have no worth to anyone else, something only he and she would know about, because his wife is the sister of his missing first love.


As more and more questions are raised, their marriage becomes strained. Has his first love somehow come back to him after all this time? Or is the person who took her playing games with his mind?

My Review:


What I Liked:

Writing Style. As always I enjoyed Paris's writing style. She is always able to create interesting characters, intense plots, and keep you turning the page to find out the ending. 

Format. The novel switches between two point of views and by doing so helps build up the suspense even more so. It is hard for the reader to know what is happening or who is telling the truth. 

Suspense. B.A Paris always does a great job building the suspense up within her novels. I did not like the plot twist but I still found the novel riveting and filled with suspense.  

Plot. I was not a huge fan of the plot but I did find it to be unique. It stands out within the mystery genre and tries out something new. 

What I Disliked:

The Plot Twist. I liked the suspense and the build up to the big reveal but did not care for the plot twist itself. I semi guessed what it was and felt that the twist was very unrealistic. I was taken out of the novel because it was so unbelievable. 

Characters. The book mainly follows one character, Finn, and that was the problem because I could not connect with him. I never felt anything for the character nor did a find any other characters that I liked. It could have had more points of view from the side characters and less from Finn in my opinion. 

I still recommend checking out this thriller if you enjoy Paris's writing style/mysteries. 

My Rating: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment