Thursday, June 21, 2018

Reread Review: Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

6654313Summary from Goodreads:

the longing.

Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know they must fight to stay together. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.

the loss.

Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with his own demons, embracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of being a human. 

the linger.


For Grace, Sam, and Cole, life a constant struggle between two forces--wolf and human--with love baring its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?

My Review:


What I Liked:

Characters. I was not a huge fan of the pacing/plot direction but the best aspect of the entire series are the characters. I believe Stiefvater's strength as writer is her ability to make characters that you come to love. 

Audiobook. This series got ten times better with the audiobook, I compelled to read it more than the print version because of the great narrators. I'm currently waiting on book three on audiobook excited to get back into the world of Mercy Falls. 

Writing. As always I enjoy Stiefvater's writing style, her ability to create beautiful prose. I think that the stunning writing stood out even more so because of the audiobook. 

What I Disliked:

Pacing/Plot. I loved the audiobook so it helped distract from the slow pacing of the novel. However, I can see why I once gave this novel three stars because it took a long time for the main plot points to happen. It is more character focused than plot and that hurts it.

I recommend checking out this series and to try it out on audiobook. 

My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment