Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Teaser Tuesday #39 and Top Ten Thrillers That Surprised Me #172

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.





Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

23346377 "'Guys, use napkins if you need to; I don't want to get oil on the run,' Flo said, hovering around as the others began to dig in. 'Oh, and make sure you leave the veggie slices for Tom, please?'

'Flops.' Clare put a hand on her shoulder. 'I'm sure it's fine. There's no way Tom can eat all those slices. Plus there's more in the freezer if we run out.'

'I know,' Flo said. Her face was red and she pushed her hair impatiently back into its clip. There was pizza sauce on her silver top. 'But it's a matter of principle. If people want the veggie option, they should order it. I've got no patience with people who hog the veggie meals just because they don't fancy the meat choice. It just means the veggie guests go without!' (In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. pg. 69)



 Top Ten Thrillers That Surprised Me #172

1. Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh
35839489
2. The Breakdown by B.A. Paris
31450633
3. Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
29437949
4. The Perfect Girl by Gilly Macmillan
28925266
5. First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy
32259911
6. The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
32895291
7. You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
25251757 
8. What She Knew (Jim Clemo #1) by Gilly Macmillan
25817531
9. A Darkness Absolute (Rockton #2) by Kelley Armstrong
29939275
10. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
28187230

4 comments:

  1. I will be adding some of the books you've listed to my ever growing reading wishlist!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-surprised-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser!!

    Nice picks too! LOVED Kelley Armstrong's! Really, I can't think of a time I ever read one of her books and didn't love it! Though I felt a little letdown by First We Were IV, but I am glad you enjoyed it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a thriller mood lately so this was a perfect list for me.

      Delete