Thursday, February 15, 2018

Review: Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

29523030 Summary from Goodreads:

Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim?

And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows?


The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?

My Review:



What I Liked:

Plot. I went into the novel blind, and at first I thought it was just going to be a predictable thriller but I was wrong. As the novel went on the plot became more intense and it was completely unique. 

Twists. It took a while, around 50 pages, for the big reveal to come but when it did it was worth it. I was completely shocked at the big twist, I had a sense that something was wrong but I was not expecting what happened. 

Characters. Paris did an amazing job crafting her characters, I was rooting for the main character, Grace, and her family. Plus, (no spoilers) she was able to create a horrifying and cruel antagonist that was hard to read. 

What I Disliked:

Format. The novel goes from past to present with each chapter and it was the one thing that I did not care for within story. The change between timelines did bring suspense but it was also a bit confusing, at least it for me. 

I recommend checking out this great new thriller author if you enjoy intense and well-written mysteries. 

My Rating:

4.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment