Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Teaser Tuesday #61 and Top Five Favorite Bookish Websites #194

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.





Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

40874032“The girl, Sydney, the one who brought you back. She can change her mind at
any point. Snap her fingers, and drop you like a stone. Or rather, like a corpse. Do
you want to see?” he asked, digging the phone from his pocket. He began to dial.
“It’s really quite a clever trick.” (Vicious (The Villains #1) by V.E. Schwab pg. 201)




Top Five Favorite Bookish Websites #194
1. Goodreads
I have a horrible memory so it is great to have a site to keep track of all the books I've read. Plus, I really enjoy reading others reviews. I also enter all of the Goodreads giveaways that interest me but right now I'm not winning very much, XD.
2. Riveted.
A publisher website, Simon and Schuster , focused on the YA lit. Every month they put free past YA reads up on the website.
3. Scibd.
I recently got a two month free trial of this ebook/audiobook website. You can only listen to the audiobooks available on the website but it is unlimited and they have some great titles. I'm really into audiobooks so this service is perfect for me. 
4. Overdrive.
My local library has this ebook/audiobook service that allows me to rent up to five items. I love how you can rent a unlimited amount of titles each month. The only downside is that everyone is using it so all the good titles have 40 holds on them XD
5. Hoopla.
Another library website where you can rent movies, tv shows, audiobooks, ebooks, and music. The only downside to this service is that you can only get 4 titles per month. The upside is that the audiobooks nor any of the other materials do not have waiting times. 

6 comments:

  1. I also have access to Hoopla, but I fortunately get 8 titles a month ;). That is the one downside though, the monthly limit. If you can get access to it, the CloudLibrary is very good (ebooks and audiobooks only), and doesn't have a monthly limit, only a limit of what is out at a single time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked and my local library does not have it :C Thanks for the recommendation! :D

      Delete
  2. Nice teaser! See a lot of love for this series! Hope you're enjoying it too!

    Nice picks! Seen a few of these around today and a few are totally new to me ones!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a 5 star read for me, cannot wait to get book two!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, you’re reading Vicious. I need to reread that before I get the sequel. I hope you like it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete