Sunday, November 18, 2018

Review: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) by Jenny Han

35247769Summary from Goodreads:

Lara Jean is having the best senior year.


And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.


Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

Review:



I have no idea why it took me so long to finally finish this series. I think it helped that reread books one and two before going into three. It made even more invested in the story line and my favorite characters. 



What I Liked (Might Include Spoilers!)


Characters. Jenny Han is amazing at crafting main and side characters that you come to love throughout a series. She made each of them unique and interesting to read about. 

Peter. I'm not a huge fan of the main love interest, which sucks because the three novels focus on Lara Jean and Peter. However, compared to book two I feel that Peter has grown as a character and he was so much better in this book. I still think John would have been such a better boyfriend, it may be an unpopular opinion but I'm sticking to it! 

Family Life. My favorite part of the entire series was the focus on family. I enjoyed the fact that Han did not spend the whole book only focused on the romance aspect but added in the lives of Lara Jean's family. They made this a great series! I totally cried like a baby during the wedding scene. 

Plot/Main Issues. I loved the focus on college life, baking to get rid of stress, and Lara Jean as she decides what her future will look like. The second book was only okay but this one made up for it with the better story line. However, I would have liked more John. :D

Audiobook. I listened to this entire series on audiobook and loved it. The narrator, Laura Knight Keating, was amazing and I hope to find more from her in the future! 

What I Disliked:


Margot. It was not as bad as books one and two but I still hated a lot of the scenes with Margot. She is so judgmental and controlling that it made so mad. I felt that Lara Jean/the family did not call her on it enough. 

I recommend checking out this cute series because of the great characters and plot.  

Rating:


4.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment