Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Top Ten Books That Disappointed Me Recently #203




   Top Ten Books That Disappointed Me Recently #203



1. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings #1) by Mackenzi Lee. I loved Felicity and the romance but had a hard time with the length/pacing of the novel. 
32602219
2. The Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien. I had to read the entire series (and the prequel) for a class. I completely binge read it and felt that took away a lot of the enjoyment. 
4230921669449891
3. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I was expecting to love this but it was just not for me. 
40727470
4. The Royal Runaway by Lindsay Emory. I was hoping this would be like The Princess Diaries but it turned out to be more of an action romance. 
38532225
5. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo. I enjoyed the writing and the Kdrama focus but had trouble connecting with the novel. However, I'm still interested in checking out more from this author. 
31145133
6. The Jane Austen Project by Kathleen A. Flynn. I was expecting this to be amazing, at the time I was really into Jane Austen. However, it focused too much on the romance.
32930819
7. Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris. I really enjoyed Paris's other two thrillers. The ending/twists really disappointed me with this latest novel from an author I tend to enjoy. 
36600116
8. When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica. Another thriller that fell flat at the end. I found the big twist to be extremely frustrating
36796312
9. Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery. I liked the first book of this series, and adored the characters, but struggled to stay invested as the series went on.
77390
10. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I found the original novel very confusing and it did not keep my interest. 
6799860

2 comments:

  1. I've heard some mixed things about Bring Me Back. Sorry these were disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking forward to it because of the author and it was not that great.

      Delete