Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Teaser Tuesday #54 and Top Ten Series I’ve Given Up On/Don’t Plan to Finish #187

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.





Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

5209142"Keen for her mother to make a good impression on the outside world, Lola had begun attempting to steer her into more stylish waters.

But it had to be said, this was on par with trying to knit feathers. Lola braced herself as her mother rummaged in a pink carrier bag and pulled out a silky beige top.

With purply-blue satin butterflies adorning each shoulder strap.

And a purply-blue frill around each armhole.

And scattered multicolored sequins across the cleavage area." (An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell, pg. 96)









Top Ten Series I’ve Given Up On/Don’t Plan to Finish #187

1. The Hannah Swensen Series by Joanne Fluke. I made it up to book 12 but do not have an desire to read on. 
6367212
2. The Gentleman Bastard Series by Scott Lynch. I've tried to read this series twice now, print and audiobook, and I just cannot get into it. 
29588376
3. I've enjoyed Marie Lu's novels in the past. However, I was not a fan of the Young Elites so I won't be checking out her new series.
37771077
4. Hercule Poirot or other Agatha Christie series. I've read two books by this classic mystery author and I do not like her writing style. 
853510
5. The Shaw Confessions by Michelle Hodkin. I liked the first series but don't want to keep going with a new one. 
25548744
6. Iron Gold (Red Rising Saga #4) by Pierce Brown. I'm still undecided if I will be continuing this series. I liked books 1-3 but have not been the mood for high fantasy/science fiction.
33257757
7. Cold Days (The Dresden Files #14) by Jim Butcher. I stopped reading the Dresden Files at book 14 and have not felt the need to pick it up again.
12216302
8. MILA 2.0 Series by Debra Driz. I read book one years ago but won't be picking up the rest of the series.
10222365
9. Dorothy Must Die Series by Danielle Paige . I made it to book four but have not had the desire to finish off the series.
30653720
10.  Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson. I read book one years ago and discovered that I'm not a huge fan of it. I won't be finishing this series.
5060378

6 comments:

  1. Nice teaser! Totally new to me!

    Seeing a few favorite series here! Sob! Lol! A few I need to finish as well! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book of the Lies of Locke series and wasn't a fan either. It's an incredibly long book and I struggled, even with an audiobook, to get through it. The world building descriptions were so long, too! I don't typically read fantasy, so I did like that it wasn't so high of fantasy that I trouble reading for that reason. Just not a series for me, either : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was too bad because I did enjoy the characters/writing.

      Delete
  3. I also didn't love Young Elites, but Warcross was one of my best reads last year. If you liked Ready Player One or Otherworld, it might be worth a go :)
    Dani @ The Restricted Section

    ReplyDelete