Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (#1) by Lewis Carroll

6799860Summary from Goodreads:

'Down,
down,
down.

Would the fall never come to an end!' Since its publication in 1865, Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland has delighted the world with a wildly imaginative and unforgettable journey, inspiring children of all ages to suspend disbelief and follow Alice into her fantasy worlds. This new gift edition presents Carroll's tale fully unabridged with a unique visual interpretation by renowned artist Camille Rose Garcia

My Review:


What I Liked:


Writing Style. I enjoyed Carroll's unique writing style even if at some times it went in circles. 

Audiobook. I enjoyed listening to this short classic on audiobook, it made the reading experience go by quickly and added some fun to it. I believe listening to the audiobook helped with some of the more confusing parts of the novel and it helped that each character had a distinct voice. 

Imagery. Carroll did an amazing job crafting the striking wonderland and all of it's crazy aspects. I already knew a lot of the images because of the various film versions I grew up with. It was interesting to read the origin story and to she what was changed. 

What I Disliked:

Confusing. I really struggled with some of the chapters that they omitted from the film because they were extremely confusing for me. 

I recommend checking out this classic for the interesting writing or if you're a big fan of the films. I did try and read book two in the series, again on audiobook where it has a lot of the classic elements like Tweedledee and Tweedledum but could not finish it. 

My Rating:

3 Stars out of 5 Stars.


2 comments:

  1. I loved this book as a kid and read it so many times. I haven’t reread it as an adult, so I have no idea how I’d feel about it now. Great review!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) The audiobook was a great way of reading it.

      Delete