Thursday, June 14, 2018

Review: The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3) by Marie Lu

28765185 Summary from Goodreads:

The thrilling finale to the New York Times bestselling Young Elites series from “hit factory” Marie Lu

There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen.

Adelina Amouteru is done suffering. She’s turned her back on those who have betrayed her and has achieved the ultimate revenge: victory. Her reign as the White Wolf has been a triumphant one, but with each conquest her cruelty only grows. The darkness within her has begun to spiral out of control, threatening to destroy all that she’s achieved.


Adelina’s forced to revisit old wounds when a new danger appears, putting not only Adelina at risk, but every Elite and the very world they live in. In order to save herself and preserve her empire, Adelina and her Roses must join the Daggers on a perilous quest—though this uneasy alliance may prove to be the real danger.

My Review:



What I Liked:

Characters. I enjoyed seeing some of my favorite characters return. This time around I really enjoyed the point of view/character of Violetta. And I loved Raffaele, and would have liked more from him. I think I would have giving this four stars if we had more from both of these good characters. 


Writing. I enjoy Lu's writing style and her ability to craft interesting worlds. I was not a huge fan of the plot/characters but overall I liked her writing. 


What I Disliked:


Plot/Ending. I really struggled to connect with this book compared to one and two. There was a lot of character depths that I felt were rushed or unrealistic. The ending was okay but left me wanting more. 


Out of Character. I usually enjoy Adelina's character and her point of view but I did not this time around. I felt that her actions were out of character even with the whole plot of their powers trying to destroy them. She did not feel like the same character from the first two books in the series. 

Point of View. The majority of the novel is told from Adelina's point of view and since I struggled with connecting with her it hurt my reading experience.


I recommend checking out this series if you like Marie Lu.

My Rating:

3 Stars Out of 5 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment