Sunday, October 14, 2018

Review: One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns #2) by Kendare Blake

29923707Summary from Goodreads:

The battle for the Crown has begun, but which of the three sisters will prevail?

With the unforgettable events of the Quickening behind them and the Ascension Year underway, all bets are off. Katharine, once the weak and feeble sister, is stronger than ever before. Arsinoe, after discovering the truth about her powers, must figure out how to make her secret talent work in her favor without anyone finding out. And Mirabella, once thought to be the strongest sister of all and the certain Queen Crowned, faces attacks like never before—ones that put those around her in danger she can’t seem to prevent.


In this enthralling sequel to Kendare Blake’s New York Times bestselling Three Dark Crowns, Fennbirn’s deadliest queens must face the one thing standing in their way of the crown: each other.

My Review:


What I Liked:

Writing. I will keep reading this series, even with the slow pacing, because of Blake's beautiful writing style. 

Characters. This second novel brought back the characters I liked in book one. It is hard to say who I like the most but Mirabella and Arsinoe are my favorite Queens. 

Plot. The twists and turns of the plot kept me listening to the audiobook to find out what happened next. I cannot wait to see where the story goes and what happens to my favorite characters. 

What I Disliked:

Pacing. I listened to the audiobook, which helped me finally read this, but even then the pacing felt slow. I struggled my way through it. 

Format. The novel had over 70 chapters. I usually like shorter chapters but this time around I felt that they were too short. 

POV. The novel jumps from the three Queens POVs and some of the side characters. I liked the third person point of view but felt that the novel moved between the characters too much that it was hard to follow. 

I recommend checking out this interesting fantasy YA series for the great characters.

My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment