Sunday, July 29, 2018

Review: The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware

36373481
 Summary from Goodreads:

On a day that begins like any other, Hal receives a mysterious letter bequeathing her a substantial inheritance. She realizes very quickly that the letter was sent to the wrong person—but also that the cold-reading skills she’s honed as a tarot card reader might help her claim the money.

Soon, Hal finds herself at the funeral of the deceased…where it dawns on her that there is something very, very wrong about this strange situation and the inheritance at the center of it.

My Review:

What I Liked:

Writing Style. I am a huge fan of the lyrical way that Ruth Ware writes. Even if I disliked the plot of one of her novels I would still read just for her prose. 

Characters. I was not surprised to find myself connecting with Ware's main character, Hal. She is a flawed but realistic character who I came to really like by the end of the novel. Also, Ware did a great job of creating interesting side characters where is was hard to tell who the antagonist was. 

Plot/Setting. I've read all of Ruth Ware's novel and aside from her beautiful writing style another thing I love about her thrillers is her ability to craft unique plots. Also, I loved the eerie setting Ware was able to create. 

Mystery/Twist. I was able to guess some of the big reveal. Overall, there were a lot of shocking and thrilling moments that kept me reading. 

I recommend checking out any of Ruth Ware's novels. I've read all of her work and she just keeps growing as a writer!


My Rating:


5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment