Sunday, February 25, 2018

Review: The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan

20723641Summary from Goodreads:

Inside Paris's premiere chocolate shop, sometimes dreams really can come true.

It's true that Anna Trent is a supervisor in a chocolate factory...but that doesn't necessarily mean she knows how to make chocolate. And when a fateful accident gives her the opportunity to work at Paris's elite chocolatier Le Chapeau Chocolat, Anna expects to be outed as a fraud. After all, there is a world of difference between chalky, mass-produced English chocolate and the gourmet confections Anna's new boss creates. But with a bit of luck and a lot of patience, Anna might learn that the sweetest things in life are always worth working for.

Hopeful, laugh-out-loud funny, and irresistibly addictive, The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris is a novel worth savoring.

My Review:


What I Liked:

Characters. The novel jumps to different characters, going into the points of views of four or so characters. I tend to dislike multiple povs but I felt that Colgan did a good job making each of them unique and that the novel was still mainly told from Anna's pov. 

Writing. This was my first Colgan novel, the cheesy covers kept me from picking them up but I'm glad that I finally did. I really enjoyed Colgan's writing style, she reminded me of Kinsella, the mixture of serious topics with light humor. 

Food. I tend to navigate toward novels that include food or recipes and Colgan did an amazing job introducing the reader to the world of chocolate. I loved all of the details centered on how to create quality chocolate, all of the work that goes into it, and the running of the chocolate shop. 

What I Disliked: 


Twists. I felt that one of the twists near the end of the novel was unneeded. It felt forced in my opinion and the novel would have been fine if it was not included. 

Recipes. I tend to enjoy novels that include recipes but I would have liked it more if they corresponded with the plot instead of just being added at the end. 

I recommend checking out this great chick lit novel, it is was perfect amount of cuteness and romance. 

My Rating:

4.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment