Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016 #115


The Broke and Bookish. 

Top Ten Tuesday:  Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016 #115


1. Lucy Knisley. She write graphic memorizes and I read almost all of her work this year! I would recommend checking her out.
2. Nicola Yoon. I adore for writing and read both of her novels way too fast! I own both of them now so I can always reread.
3. The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. I found some amazing contemporaries this year and this one was by far the best!!
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I'm kind of sad that I finished this novel (I may have dragged it out for three weeks and I never do that) but from now I will forever buy this novel from thrift stores and hand it out on Christmas, lol.
5. The Telling by Alexandra Sirowy. I only just discovered this author and her stunning writing. I will be picking up anything she writes!
6. Night Film by Marisha Pessl. I devoured her massive 600 page novel (and also checked out her first one), it was creepy and confusing but still an amazing read!
7. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I'm a ethnicity in American Lit class and I've been exposed to a lot of beautiful and eye-opening literature. And Americahah is by far the best book I've read this semester! I would recommend checking this author out.
8. Geek Girl (Geek Girl #1) by Holly Smale. I read the first two novels in the Geek Girl series and they are just so cute!!!! I really want to get my hands on the others.
9. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I finally read a Kendare Blake novel! I tried ages ago to read another series but never finished it. However, I'm a huge fan of her new fantasy series and I will be reading the other novels. :)
10. Mary Kubica. I discovered this Thriller author recently and I'm a fan of her writing style and plot twists.

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! I enjoyed Alexandra Sirowy's first book and still need to read her latest! Love Kendare's books, but oddly didn't really enjoy her latest as much as her previous, but still gonna give the next one a try! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete