Sunday, October 16, 2016

Review: Cherry Cheesecake Murder by Joanne Fluke


Summary from Goodreads:


Hannah Swensen and her bakery, The Cookie Jar, bask in the glow of Hollywood glamour when Main Street becomes a movie set. And although tensions simmer as the cameras roll, no one expects the action to turn deadly. . .until it's too late. . .
There's no such thing as privacy in Lake Eden, but Hannah never thought things would go this far. Everyone has been telling her what to do ever since she got not one but two marriage proposals. Movie mania soon shoves Hannah's marriage dilemma into the background and even gives her cat a shot at stardom. The Cookie Jar serves as snack central with Main Street rented out for the week. She stirs lots of fresh gossip, whipping up treats for cast and crew, including demanding director Dean Lawrence's favorite--cherry cheesecake.

My Review:




The 8th novel in the series was the first one I read years ago (and I was not a fan because of that) and I'm glad that I decided to give the full series a shot this year.

I enjoyed the plot of this one because of the added element of the film crew/director storyline, the mystery was intriguing and it was hard to guess who committed the murder.

This series is the only cosy mystery I read, mainly because of the recipes, and I cannot wait to read more. It is nice to relax and read these instead of the massive amounts of Shakespeare and other difficult texts I have to read for my courses.

I really hated the love triangle, as always, and the addition of other possible love interest, I would love to see Hannah finally pick someone (anybody, lol!) instead of stringing along the two guys.

However, as always my favorite aspect of the series are the characters. Despite some of her choices Hannah is still a great main character, and the side characters are fun to read about. My favorite in this novel was Hannah's cat, he was pretty entertaining.

I recommend checking out this series for the great characters and the recipes, just ignore the love triangles (squares, lol).

My Rating:  

3 Stars out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment