Sunday, May 22, 2016

Review: Carrie by Stephen King


6360296
Summary from Goodreads:

Carrie knew she should not use the terrifying power she possessed... But one night at her senior prom, Carrie was scorned and humiliated just one time too many, and in a fit of uncontrollable fury she turned her clandestine game into a weapon of horror and destruction...

My Review:


I was on a Stephen King kick so I decided to read his first published novel, and I've already seen two film versions of it.

It was hard for me to really get into this because I know the main plot so well, but in the end it was still an enjoyable read.

It was interesting that this novel from written by a man and was mainly in a young girls pov. Plus, the use of the newspaper articles and novels about the incident added a intriguing element to the story that I did not know about.

The main problem I had was the characters, Carrie was the only semi likeable character for me, maybe Tommy a close second.

I recommend checking this out if you enjoy King's writing style.

My Rating:

Four Stars Out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment