Sunday, October 18, 2015

Review: Heartless (#4) by Gail Carriger


8356487
Summary from Goodreads:

Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband's past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux's latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.

Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf's clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama's second best closet?
 (

My Review:




This series just keeps getting better, and I loved the interactions between Alexia and Lord Maccon, it makes up for the lack of that in the third book.

It was pretty funny reading about her getting into predicaments while 8 months pregnant. However, it was nice that this time around she wasn't bombarded by attacks on her life.

I loved the addition of more steampunk elements and the machinery in this one.

I'm going to miss this series so much after I finish the fifth novel. :(

I'm starting to hope that Biffy/Professor actually happen, they would be perfect!

I recommend checking out this series just for the humor.

My Rating:

Four Out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment