Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: Small Favor (#10) by Jim Butcher


8123311
Summary from Goodreads:

Gumshoe wizard Harry Dresden has had one quiet -- make that dull -- year. For 12 whole months, nobody has tried to kill him. Just as he's settling into these doldrums, Mab, the monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, calls him in for a small favor. (Favors, it seems, are the main currency of Dresden's universe.) What begins as a tip of the hat quickly escalates into deadly matters that pit Harry against two deadly foes. Supernatural crime noir.

My Review:




I binge-read the first nine Dresden books in 2014, and now after a long break I'm planning on reading the last five or so books that are out (and his other series).

I forgot how funny Dresden is (and Mouse, love him), this chapter was okay but I hope the next one has a little more story building and the Bob the skull.

I enjoyed the story arches that this book has started to build (but I wanted more about Dresden and the coin) and can't wait to jump to the next in the series.

I recommend checking out this series for the characters alone and the witty humor.

My Rating:

Four Stars Out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment