Sunday, November 9, 2014

Review: Vivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple #1) by Katie Coyle


20256737
Summary from Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Vivian Apple never believed in the evangelical Church of America, unlike her recently devout parents. But when Vivian returns home the night after the supposed "Rapture," all that’s left of her parents are two holes in the roof. Suddenly, she doesn't know who or what to believe. With her best friend Harp and a mysterious ally, Peter, Vivian embarks on a desperate cross-country roadtrip through a paranoid and panic-stricken America to find answers. Because at the end of the world, Vivan Apple isn't looking for a savior. She's looking for the truth.

My Review:

I grabbed this book from NetGalley mainly because of the awesome cover and the reviews surrounding it.

It was a pretty quick read because the book was only 275 pages and I wanted to find out the mysteries surrounding the plot. The main character Vivian and the side characters were all awesome and I cannot wait for the second novel in this series. The plot is pretty creepy, but I think the author could have played up the cult more, and maybe done more flashbacks.



I recommend checking out this series, the plot is really interesting and Vivian is a great character.

My Rating:

Four Out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment