Sunday, November 2, 2014

Review: Etiquette and Espionage (#1) by Gail Carriger



Summary from Goodreads:

Sophronia Temminnick 14 starts Mlle Geraldine's floating Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality, finishing lives, that is, polite espionage and etiquette. Sophronia climbs down to the sooties, meets lock-picking Soap, laddish Vieve Lefoux 9, and of course room-mates, round-faced Dimity, and gawky Scottish Lady Kingair.

My Review:



That is the best cover I've ever had, plus the first one that has moving parts. :)

I got the entire series of this was netgalley a month or so ago and thought I should finally try and read it. I was nervous because I've read the first book in Carriger's adult series and did not care for it. However, it only took me around a chapter or two to fall in love with this series.

It was confusing in the beginning because this a steampunk type of world with robots that run off steam, and supernatural creatures like vampires (and I love the fact that one way to distract a vampire is to mess up his outfit, lol). But as the story goes on you get comfortable with the weird setting (a floating school) and also having Sophronia as the likeable main character also helps.

All of the side characters that help Sophronia, like Soap and Vivie were so great and I hope they come back in the next novel as well.

I recommend trying out this series, I'm sorry that I waited so long to finally read it! On to the next one. :)

Plus floating school where you learn how to be a lady/how to kill people, lol.




My Rating:

Five Out of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment