Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick


20651947
Summary from Goodreads:

Sometimes danger is hard to see... until it’s too late. 

Britt Pfeiffer has trained to backpack the Teton Range, but she isn't prepared when her ex-boyfriend, who still haunts her every thought, wants to join her. Before Britt can explore her feelings for Calvin, an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in a remote cabin, accepting the hospitality of its two very handsome occupants—but these men are fugitives, and they take her hostage. 

In exchange for her life, Britt agrees to guide the men off the mountain. As they set off, Britt knows she must stay alive long enough for Calvin to find her. The task is made even more complicated when Britt finds chilling evidence of a series of murders that have taken place there... and in uncovering this, she may become the killer’s next target. 

But nothing is as it seems in the mountains, and everyone is keeping secrets, including Mason, one of her kidnappers. His kindness is confusing Britt. Is he an enemy? Or an ally? 

My Review:

I read the first two books in the Hush, Hush series but never ended up finishing it (I wasn't a huge fan of that series)/ However, I did enjoy her new novel, and the fact that it isn't paranormal is a nice change. Plus I'm a huge fan of YA thrillers, and I don't think there are enough of them!

The main reason why I didn't give is 5 stars is because of the characters, mainly Britt/Kobie, they annoyed me (mainly Britt, and she was the main POV) but I liked the plot. However, as the novel went on Britt grew on me. And I also guessed the big twist at the end pretty quickly, lol, so it wasn't very shocking for me.

It was an easy read, I managed to get through it in two days or so.

I recommend checking this out, plus it is a stand-alone and one POV which is a nice change.

My Rating:

Four Stars Out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment