Thursday, October 16, 2014

Film Thursday #16: Gone Girl (2014)

I might be alone in this but it was not my favorite thriller. The way it was filmed, and the scenes took me out of the film, and I wasn't a fan of the acting in the film. However, I did love Margo Dunne played by Carrie Coon, Nick's sister in the movie. She was the comic relief in this twisted movie and she was really funny. They over did it with the blood/adult content, and I sadly was with my parents, yep, awkward. Plus I disliked the ending quite a bit, it left me wondering why I had wasted two hours to get no closure. I might still read the book but I'm not sure I will. 2/5 Stars.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the film, and enjoyed the book but not as much. Maybe it would be the other way round for you. I couldn't imagine seeing that movie with my parents though. The blood was too much for me, but I'm really bad when it comes to that kind of stuff. Margo Dunne was my favourite too, Carrie Coon did such an amazing job. Great review and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete