Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Teaser Tuesday #8 and Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Classics I Want to Read #141

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.





Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

"'Um, I think bangs are a very big commitment and not to be decided on a whim. Depending on how fast your hair grows, you could be growing them out for a year or more. But if your serious, I think you should wait until fall, because it'll be summer before you know it, and bangs in the summer can be sort of sticky and sweaty and annoying...'" - Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han, Kindle location 15 out of 3841, 1 %)


The Broke and Bookish.


Top Ten Classics I Want to Read #141

1. The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes #2) by Arthur Conan Doyle
2. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
3. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
4. Moby-Dick or, The Whale by Herman Melville
5. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
7. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

8. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
9. A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

4 comments:

  1. Love the excerpt! The Sign of Four is also top on my classic reading list right now -- trying to buddy-read it with my husband, so I'm waiting for him to have some time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently read The Study in Scarlet and want to read the rest of Sherlock stories soon.

      Delete
  2. Cute teaser! And nice top 10! I really only ever read Caroll's Alice books. I tried Moby Dick at one point but couldn't get into it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had moby dick on my list for years, XD One day I will finally read it

      Delete