Thursday, August 10, 2017

Review: Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

 Summary from Goodreads:


Lexi wakes up in a hospital bed after a car accident, thinking it's 2004 and she's a twenty-five-year old with crooked teeth and a disastrous love life. But, to her disbelief, she learns it's actually 2007 - she's twenty-eight, her teeth are straight, she's the boss of her department - and she's married! To a good-looking millionaire! How on earth did she land the dream life??! 

She can't believe her luck - especially when she sees her stunning new home. She's sure she'll have a fantastic marriage once she gets to know her husband again. He's drawn up a 'manual of our marriage,' which should help. 


But as she learns more about her new self, chinks start to appear in the perfect life. All her old colleagues hate her. A rival is after her job. Then a dishevelled, sexy guy turns up...and lands a new bombshell. What happened to her? Will she ever remember? And what will happen if she does?

My Review:





What I Liked:

Humor. The element of going from a normal standard person to living in a technology oriented house and posh lifestyle created a lot of hilarious aspects. Once again, Kinsella does a good job with putting her characters in funny situations and creating witty writing.

Plot. I've been on a Kinsella reading kick this summer and I've noticed that she tends to craft unique plots compared to other romance novels these days. Whenever I pick up her novels I expect interesting plots/characters and enjoy the unpredictability. 

Some Characters. Mainly Lexi. I really enjoyed the main character, she was funny, down to earth, and it was interesting to see her reactions to the changes in her life. I also liked Amy, her younger sister (she was so funny) and Jon her down to earth love interest. 


What I Disliked:

Pacing/Plot. It took me a good week to read this (I work so that did not help) because I felt that the pacing was bit slow and it was lacking something to keep me reading until the end. I felt that I was completed to pick it up.

Characters. Lexi's friends/family (Husband too) were hard to read. I believe that was the point that her world had changed in three years but it was a bit over the top. The only side character, besides Jon, that I grew to like was Amy, Lexi's younger sister. She had a solid reason for acting negatively that the others did not.

Romance. I really liked the love interest Jon but as a personal rule I'm not a fan of cheating in any form. So, the novel lost some stars because of that element.

I recommend checking out this quick and fun novel. It does have some swearing/sexual content so be warned. 


My Rating:

 4 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment