Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Teaser Tuesday #4 and Top Ten Tuesday, Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To in 2017 #137

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

"I cannot cherish her. I cannot do it. I want to throw my treacle tart at her. We've been sitting around the table now for forty minutes, and the only voice we've heard is Kerry's" pg. 51, Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella.
















The Broke and Bookish.

Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To In 2017/2018
(I found these mainly from BooksandLala on youtube, one of my favorite booktubers)


1. The Snowman (2017) - October. Based off of The Snowman by Jo Nesbø . - I tend to watch anything with Michael Fassbender and this murder mystery sounds interesting.
2. The Glass Castle (2017). August. Based off of The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I read the memoir years ago and I hope the film is a good as it looks. Plus, love Brie Larson. 
3. Wonder (2017) November. I've been meaning to pick up the original novel, Wonder by R.J. Palacio for ages. The trailer is out and it looks like a good film. 
4. Goodbye Christopher Robin (2017) - October. I'm counting this one even though it is not really based off a single novel. However, it is about the author of Winnie the Pooh, which I love. 
5. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) - July. Based off of The City of Shifting Waters (Valérian #1)
by Pierre Christin, Jean-Claude Mézières (Illustrator), Jerome Saincantin (Translator). 
The fact that this is created by same person who did The Fifth Element makes me want to go watch it now. 
6. American Assassin (2017) - September. Based off of American Assassin (Mitch Rapp #1)
by Vince Flynn. This choice has nothing to do with Dylan O'Brien and his cuteness, nope.
7. Victoria and Abdul (2017). September. Based off of Victoria And Abdul: The True Story Of The Queens' Closest Confidant
by Shrabani Basu. The trailer looks good for this one and I will be checking it out. 
8. The Mountain Between Us (2017) October. Based off of The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin. Another one with a great trailer that I will be watching because I like Kate Winslet and Idris Elba. 

9. Murder on the Orient Express (2017). November. Based off of Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot #10) by Agatha Christie. I hope that this one is good because I've been wanting to see this happen for a while now. It has some great actors in it.
10. The Dark Tower (2017) August. Based off of The Gunslinger series by Stephen King. I'm not sure about this one, it looks strange but it may be good. I'll mainly watch for Idris Elba.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Didn't hear of any of these. Though not very familiar with their books either. Hope you enjoy them all once they each come out.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete