Thursday, February 2, 2017

Review: Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage



 Summary from Goodreads:

Mira and Francesca Cillo—beautiful, overprotected, odd—seemed untouchable. But Ben touched seven parts of Mira: her palm, hair, chest, cheek, lips, throat, and heart. After the sisters drown themselves in the quarry lake, a post-mortem letter from Mira sends Ben on a quest to find notes in the seven places where they touched. Note by note, Ben discovers the mystical secret at the heart of Mira and Francesca's world, and that some things are better left untouched.

My Review:

What I Liked:

The Mystery. I enjoyed the main mystery and the fact that I had a hard time figuring out what was going to happen next. I do not want to spoil it but the novel deals with some weird aspects with the two sisters that made me want to keep reading to figure out what was happening.

Characters. BEN. He was by far my favorite character! I would have loved it if the novel was told completely from his point of view. Mira and Francesca were okay but I had a harder time connecting with them. I believe the constant changing of POVS between the sisters did not help with that. And I struggled to figure out which point of view it was with the two sisters.

Writing. The main thing I loved about this novel was the writing style, it flowed well and it was beautifully done. I will be checking out Savage's other novels!

What I Did Not Like:

Structure. The duel point of view and the constant flash backs confused me and I struggled to keep reading around the half way point.

Plot. I'm still not sure what exactly happened with the main mystery. I guessed some main plot points but it got a bit jumbled because of the structure.

I recommend checking out this quick mystery for the weird plot that keeps you guessing throughout the whole novel.

My Rating:

3.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars


3 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I still need to read thi author's first book. I love a good mystery. Glad you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on reading her first novel soon, I hope you enjoy both of them!

      Delete
    2. I'm planning on reading her first novel soon, I hope you enjoy both of them!

      Delete