Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I've Read In The Past Year Or So #121


The Broke and Bookish.
1. The Telling by Alexandra Sirowy. The writing in this novel is beautiful and more people should read it!
2. No-No Boy (Classics of Asian American Literature) by John Okada. I read this in my ethnicity lit class, it is an underrated classic! 
 
3.  The Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer, Stephen Dyer. I won this from Goodreads and was pleasantly surprised that it was a Pride and Prejudice retelling!
4.  Blu's Hanging by Lois-Ann Yamanaka. It was a tough novel to get through (because some of the graphic imagery) but is was still beautifully written. 
5. The Possibility of Somewhere by Julia Day. Another giveaway win that I really enjoyed. 
6. A Hundred Thousand Worlds by Bob Proehl. I picked this up randomly from the library and loved it. I recommend it for anyone who loved comic cons and the comic book or entertainment industy. 
7. A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install. I got some Wall-e and Short circuit vibes from this book. :)
8. Trouble is a Friend of Mine (Trouble #1) by Stephanie Tromly. I loved this cute book and it gave off Sherlock retelling vibes that I adored. 
9. The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry. I tend to dislike historical fiction but this one surprised me and I really enjoyed it.  
10.The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock. I picked this randomly from the library and it was quick but beautifully written novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment