Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Review: Braided Lives: An Anthology of Multicultural American Writing by Minnesota Humanities Commission, Minnesota Humanities Commission Staff

Summary from Goodreads:

This anthology brings together vivid stories and poems of Native American, Hispanic American, African American, and Asian American writers.

My Review:



I usually do not read anthology's because I always struggle to read them, however, this one was for class.

I write poetry in my free time (or at least I try) and the poems throughout this were stunning! Examples: Nikki Giovanni - "Ego Tripping" and others.

The short stories we had to read for class were exteremly interesting, about Native Americans, African Americans, Latin Americans, and Asian Americans, but the poetry was still the best part of this anthology.
I enjoyed jumping into the worlds and different cultures with the short stories, and analyzing the poetic metaphors. :)

I did not end reading everything within the Anthology, mainly I read what the professor assigned but I'm planning on keeping it and checking out the others.

I recommend checking this out just for the amazing poetry and if you are interested in different cultures in America! :)

My Rating: 

4 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment