Sunday, November 13, 2016

Review: Doctor Who: The Bog Warrior (Time Trips) by Cecelia Ahern


 Summary from Goodreads:

Arriving on the planet Cashel, the Tenth Doctor witnesses a strange masked ball. To guarantee peace, Prince Zircon has to choose a bride from the Bog People - dead men and women who have been resurrected as slaves. Or as warriors. But Zircon is in love with the enslaved Princess Ash, whose parents were deposed and executed by the current Queen. As usual, the Doctor has walked right into trouble, and it's up to him to sort it out.

My Review:



I've had this 40 paged short story sitting on kindle for years and decided to finally binge read it. And I've always wanted to read something by Cecelia Ahern (I've been meaning to read Love Rosie for ages).

I love Doctor Who and this mini-episode like story was a great way to get back into the light sci fi world.

My favorite part of this short story, besides the Doctor in a dress (lol!!!) was the Cinderella retelling vibes I got from it. :) This short and sweet tale makes me want to finally finish watching Doctor Who and read more from this world.

I would have enjoyed it a bit more if Rose or Clara had made an appearance.  

I recommend checking this out if you enjoy Doctor Who and also the Cinderella retelling aspect. 

My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment