Thursday, November 24, 2016

Review: The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy

 Summary from Goodreads:

Eleven years ago, Stella and Jeanie disappeared. Only Stella came back.

Now all she wants is a summer full of cove days, friends, and her gorgeous crush - until a fresh corpse leads Stella down a path of ancient evil and secrets.

Stella believes remembering what happened to Jeanie will save her. It won’t.

She used to know better than to believe in what slinks through the shadows. Not anymore.

My Review:



What I Liked:

The mystery/thriller plot was very chilling and I was glued to the book waiting to see what the reveal/twist was. And I loved the fact that I did not guess the big twist.

The supernatural aspect, it was hard to tell if the book was going to end up fully supernatural or not and that added a great atmosphere of creepiness to the main plot.

Sam Worth. He was by far my favorite character, he was quirky and loyal. I was surprised that he stayed with Stella because she treated him so badly.

The character growth. The main character, Stella, started off snobby and hard to like but as the novel went on she began to grow and transform into a character I could enjoy reading about.

The stunning writing. I picked up this book because I loved Sirowy's writing from her new novel, The Telling, and once again it was beautiful with the metaphors. However, I loved that she upped the details/metaphors in her latest novel because it made it unique and beautiful. 

What I Disliked:

The main character and some of the side characters were hard for me to connect with. Stella at the beginning and throughout the novel was not my favorite main character, however, she does grow as a person by the end (some of her thoughts/actions toward Sam bugged me). I just downright disliked her friend Zoey and she did not get better.

The middle of the book dragged because it partly went away from the thriller and focused on relationships and friendships, something I could have done without.

I recommend checking this out if you enjoy creepy reads and for the beautiful writing. :)



My Rating:

3.5 Stars Out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment