Saturday, October 1, 2016

TV Review: Pretty Little Liars - Season 1

Summary from IMDB: 

Four friends band together against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, while unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend.


My Review:

I randomly decided I really wanted to catch up to Pretty Little Liars (it is on season 7) and I stopped watching around season 4 but I'm starting all the way at the beginning. :)

It was trip back in time because I actually started watching the show in 2010 when it aired (back when Hulu was free, lol).

I forgot how much I enjoyed the show, all of its cheesiness and over the top drama. It drags out the mystery so much that it frustrates you but I watch for the characters not the plot.

Spencer and Aria were my all time favorites on the show but Emily and Hanna have been growing on me. I was not a huge fan of Hanna during my first watch but I think the reason was that connected too much with her story (being overweight and struggling with stressing over gaining weight).

The first season was a great start but I think the second season is way better. I pretty much remembered everything that happened in the first season and now I'm getting to the parts I'd forgotten about.

The romance is another aspect of the show that I adore, and it is one of the only shows I watch for cheesy romance.

The mystery and suspense elements are well done for a teen tv show, the show will have you biting your nails and hoping your favorite characters are okay.

I recommend checking out this show, the mystery is good but the characters are great.

My Rating:

4.5 Stars Out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment