Sunday, October 2, 2016

Film Review: Singin' in the Rain (1951)

Summary from IMDB:

A silent film production company and cast make a difficult transition to sound.

My Review:

I have no idea why I went so long without watching this classic musical comedy! It was ten times better than what I was expecting.

I was not expecting the film to be so spot on humor wise, the mixture of humor and music was unexpected and brilliantly done.

The satire involving Hollywood and the homage to the silent era were hilarious. The musical pieces did a great job of evoking elements of comedy and my favorite song/dance number was by far, "Make Em Laugh."

I will be writing a paper on the film for class and I have more then a enough material to work with because the depth of the film and the topics it covers was vast (reality vs illusion, sound vs silent, low vs high art).

I recommend checking out this classic musical just for the comedy, it was hilarious!

My Rating:

5 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment