Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Film Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)

Summary from IMDB:

When Jacob discovers clues to a mystery that stretches across time, he finds Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. But the danger deepens after he gets to know the residents and learns about their special powers.

My Review:


I had low expectations when I went to watch this YA adaptation (because of some disappointing films in the past) but I was pleasantly surprised by how good and funny the film was.

It helped that I read the novel years ago (and now want to reread and finish the series) so I was not comparing it to the novel, which I suggest doing as well! They changed elements around but it does not take away from the original source.

The details, the atmosphere, and the Tim Burton elements were done so well that the film had a great spookiness mixed with humor. :)

My favorite part of the film was Miss Peregrine, Eva Green did an amazing job and had me laughing and loving her as a great character.

It was very refreshing to watch a young adult novel that was done well and I'm excited to see if they keep going in the series.

I took of .5 stars for some of the cheesy American accents and the beginning acting, lol.

I recommend checking this out! It was a fun watch.

My Rating:

4.5 Stars Out of 5

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been so excited about this movie, just because I can’t think of a better director for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children than Tim Burton! I heard so many amazing things about the movie! Can’t wait to check it out!
    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burton did a great job with the material, one of his best films in a while

      Delete