Sunday, October 9, 2016

Film Review: The Boy (2016)

Summary from IMDB:

An American nanny is shocked that her new English family's boy is actually a life-sized doll. After she violates a list of strict rules, disturbing events make her believe that the doll is really alive.

My Review:

I went into this with low expectations because of the bad reviews and it was a meh film.

Even if I had not been spoiled already it would have been insanely easy to guess the twist because of one element in the film (and I love being surprised in thrillers).

The scary elements were mainly the doll (it was super creepy looking) and some scattered jump scares. It was eerie and the ending was somewhat thrilling just not enough to truly scare me.

However, the main positives of the film was the beautiful and creepy sets, and the main acress Lauren Cohan (Walking Dead, Maggie).

I recommend renting this out, I would not recommend buying it, if you enjoy okay thrillers.


My Rating:

3 Stars Out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment