Sunday, September 11, 2016

Review: Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer


16071020

Summary from Goodreads:

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive. 

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

My Review:




It took me a while to finally complete the Lunar chronicles, for some reason I skipped over the second novel in the series and went on to read three and four.

I hate skipping ahead in series and I'm glad that I finally read Scarlet! The best part of the novel was the focus on the new character (or old, lol) Scarlet and Wolf, she has become my favorite of the gang and I would love to see other novels mainly from her point of view.

I was not a huge fan of the first novel, Cinder, but this series has grown on me in large way and now Meyer is one of my top authors.

The best part of this series is the diverse and great characters and the fact that Meyer is able to keep them great over the whole series and create new ones that are amazing as well.

The plot was a great addition as well, and is sad to say that I've now read all of the series. :(

I recommend the Lunar Chronicles, it was an amazing series with great characters.

My Rating:

5 Stars Out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I too wasn't a big fan of Cinder (I think all the hype led me to expect it to be more than it was). But I quite enjoyed Scarlet. I still have to read the other two though.

    ReplyDelete