Sunday, September 4, 2016

Review: Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale


18065780
Summary from Goodreads:

“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.”

Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.

What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives.

With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far away from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother’s ‘chaperoning’. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes.

Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.

Can geek girl find her place on the other side of the world or is Harriet lost for good?

My Review:

I'm flying through the Geek Girl series by Holly Smale because it is both insanely cute and funny and everyone just needs those types of novels after a series of bad days.

I adore the main character Harriet, she does sometime get into frustrating situations but a majority of the time it is either clumsiness or not her fault. She is an authentic character, who may seem a bit too smart to be a real person, but overall she is relatable and is a fun narrator.

It is always a good sign in a series when the side characters are also just as great as the main. Harriet's parents and her friends create a great balance to the story and all sorts of fun dialogue and situations tend to happen with them (most of all Toby, lol).

I even enjoyed the romance with Nick, I'm not the biggest fan of romance in general but have been slowly warming up it lately and tends to be hard to find good romance in YA. Thankfully, Nick and Harriet are so cute that I will overlook silly storylines or choices, lol.

I'm not remotely interested in fashion and it is refreshing to see it through the eyes of someone who is not that thrilled with it either and would rather be reading.

Usually I could give or take contemporary with romance but this series is one that I connect with deeply and cannot wait to read more of.

I recommend checking out this series if you enjoy laughing and cuteness.

My Rating:

4.5 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment