Thursday, September 1, 2016

Review: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica


18812405
Summary from Goodreads:

"I've been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she works. I don't know the color of her eyes or what they look like when she's scared. But I will."

One night, Mia Dennett enters a bar to meet her on-again, off-again boyfriend. But when he doesn't show, she unwisely leaves with an enigmatic stranger. At first Colin Thatcher seems like a safe one-night stand. But following Colin home will turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia's life.

When Colin decides to hide Mia in a secluded cabin in rural Minnesota instead of delivering her to his employers, Mia's mother, Eve, and detective Gabe Hoffman will stop at nothing to find them. But no one could have predicted the emotional entanglements that eventually cause this family's world to shatter.

An addictively suspenseful and tautly written thriller, The Good Girl is a propulsive debut that reveals how even in the perfect family, nothing is as it seems.

My Review:




Mary Kubica has been on my TBR for a while now because I love mystery/thrillers that keep you guessing throughout the whole novel.

I found just what I wanted with Kubica's writing and formatting, where the novel would switch between the past and present and keep the reader on our toes. I enjoyed her writing style and will be checking out her other mystery novels as well.

The mystery and the plot were well structured and interesting but I had a hard time connecting emotionally with the characters. I connected with Mia and I did not like the fact that she did not have any POV chapters expect the epilogue.

I was able to guess the main twist but it was still fun to read and the shocking revelation at the end was a great way to end it!

I recommend checking out this debut adult mystery novel if you enjoy twists and suspense! :)

My Rating:  

4 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment