Friday, September 2, 2016

Review: Dead to You by Lisa McMann

11724850
Summary from Goodreads:

Some memories are better left untouched.

Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family.

It's a miracle... at first.

Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together.

But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked.

Something unspeakable...

My Review:



I read this back in 2012 when it first came out but I did not remember anything about it so that did not shape my opinion.

The ending/twist was easy to guess but it was still enjoyable to see how it unfolded and through the eyes of Ethan. 

There was tons of duel POVS these days in young adult thrillers and ya in general so it was refreshing to read from a single pov.

I believe the element that made this novel interesting and relatable was the main character, Ethan, even more so then the other characters.

Besides a great voice, the plot was a bit lackluster, I believe it could have been expanded and added even more thriller/creepiness. 

I recommend checking out this quick and shocking novel.

My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment