Thursday, September 29, 2016

Film Review: Zootopia (2016)

Summary from IMDB:

In a city of anthropomorphic animals, a rookie bunny cop and a cynical con artist fox must work together to uncover a conspiracy.


My Review:




I avoided the hype back when this animated film came out in March but since Netflix had this I decided to give it a watch (plus I have no one that likes to go to animated films in the theater :P).

It was a cute film that actually deals with important elements, I'm a film minor so I could not help but see the metaphor for race relations and diversity beneath the cuteness.

The voice acting was great, and it helped that I love Jason Bateman and Ginnifer Goodwin.

The main reason why I took off a star was the plot, it kind of feel flat for me and I had a hard time paying attention to the film. However, the concept was unique and that kept me watching (plus bunnies).

I recommend checking out this cute and imaginative look at a city run by animals.

My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment