Friday, September 23, 2016

Film Review: Tallulah (2016)

Summary from IMDB:

Desperate to be rid of her toddler, a dissatisfied Beverly Hills housewife hires a stranger to babysit and ends up getting much more than she bargained for.

My Review:

Netflix has started to come out with better content and Tallulah is a great example of that.

The storyline is pretty simple, Tallulah is homeless and her boyfriend leaves her. She sets out to find him by going to see his mother Allison Janney, but ends up taking a child from a bad situation.

The plot is simple but compelling because of the interesting characters and the emotional elements really hit my heart.

I decided to check it out based on the cast, Ellen Page and Allison Janney because I know they can pull off both drama and comedy. I believe that Tallulah did a great job balancing the comedic moments with the drama and the drama was not heavy handed.

I recommend checking this out if you have Netflix and keep an eye out for other great Netflix films (excluding the Adam Sandler ones, lol).




My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment