Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Film Review: Mr. Right (2016)

Image result for mr right 2016 posterImage result for mr right 2016 poster

My Review:

I adore quirky films and this undervalued romantic dark comedy was perfect for a great night of laughter.

The main reason I even decided to spurge and buy this is Sam Rockwell. Over the last few years I've slowly become a huge fan of his comedic acting (and his dancing lol) ever since I stumbled upon The Way Way Back (2013).

He was comedic gold in this film, it was his role and reminded me of his past character in Seven Psychopaths (it seems that I have favorite genre, dark comedies). I knew that he was going to my favorite aspect when the second scene had him dancing across the screen and the fact that he was a 'dancing' assassination/hit man. :)

However, I was pleasantly surprised by Anna Kendrick, she was great in the role of the main character who finds herself falling for a hitman. It was interesting that she was just as quirky and crazy as Rockwell and she played it well.

There was only one thing I disliked, the other characters in the film besides the main couple were kind of blah.

The humor style is not for everyone, most of all if you hate violence, because the main characters are pretty crazy to the point of this being a update dark screwball comedy.

The music was amazing as well, I now have 'My Type' by Saint Motel stuck in my head.

I recommend checking this out if you adore Sam Rockwell as much as me and enjoy dark comedies.

My Rating:

5 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment