Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Film Review: Hush (2016)

Summary from IMDB:

A deaf writer who retreated into the woods to live a solitary life must fight for her life in silence when a masked killer appears at her window.

My Review:




I started off the spooky autumn with a well crafted horror film.

I finally decided to check out Hush on Netflix, it took me a while because I tend to stay away from horror films at night and I'm so busy I never have free time during the day to watch the scary flicks. :)

Thankfully I just went ahead and watched Hush on Sunday night because I'd heard good things about it and now I understand why.

I was expecting a B horror film with the same cliches but was pleasantly surprised by how well done and acted Hush was.

The film only has one setting a remote house in the woods, where a killer is terrorizing a deaf and mute women. The film only has four actors in it and the one who plays the deaf/mute women was by far the best.

The best aspect of the film was the sound, it places the viewer in the point of view of Maddie when it strips the sound away. It was a great way to get the viewer to identify with Maddie and stick with her throughout her battle.

The lack of jump scares was refreshing but there was still some gross/bloody images as expected with a horror film. I'd recommend this people who dislike horror films because it was more on the thriller side, it was eerie but did not make me jump or scream.

I recommend checking this out, it is a creepy film but it is not full of jump scares overly gory imagery.

My Rating:

5 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment