Sunday, September 25, 2016

Film Review: Father of the Bride (1950)

Summary from IMDB:

The father of a young woman deals with the emotional pain of her getting married, along with the financial and organizational trouble of arranging the wedding.

My Review:

I'm in a comedy film class and get to watch classic films like Father of the Bride.

I was only aware of the Steve Martin one from the 1990s but that one is nothing compared to the original directed by Vincente Minelli.

I love films that mix drama and comedy, most of all when it is centered on the family, and this one pulls it off.

The humor was the subtle kind, from the reactions of characters, the sarcastic wit of the father (Spencer Tracy), and the realistic problems of weddings and families.

The acting, most of all by Spencer Tracy, did a great job of bringing a realistic aspect to the film.

I recommend watching this, it had my class laughing all the way through.

My Rating:

5 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment