Sunday, August 21, 2016

Review: This Is the Story of You by Beth Kephart


25861945
Summary from Goodreads:

On Haven, a six-mile long, half-mile-wide stretch of barrier island, Mira Banul and her Year-Rounder friends have proudly risen to every challenge. But when a superstorm defies all predictions and devastates the island, when it strands Mira’s mother and brother on the mainland and upends all logic, nothing will ever be as it was. A stranger appears in the wreck of Mira’s home. A friend obsessed with vanishing is gone. As the mysteries deepen, Mira must find the strength to carry on—to somehow hold her memories in place while learning to trust a radically reinvented future.

Gripping and poetic, This Is the Story of You is about the beauty of nature and the power of family, about finding hope in the wake of tragedy and recovery in the face of overwhelming loss.
 

My Review:




It took a bit to get into this novel because of the writing style, it is very poetic and sometimes confusing.

However, as the novel went on I became invested in the characters and the writing was so beautiful that I ended up enjoying this more then I first thought I would.

Of course my favorite character was Sterling, the cat, lol, that just tells you about me. But the other characters were great and the twist at the end was surprising and sad.

I liked the fact that the ya novel had no romance and instead focused on family and friendship through tragedy. 

I recommend checking this novel out if you enjoy poetic writing and good characters.

My Rating:

4 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment