Monday, August 29, 2016

Review: Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig


21819191
Summary from Goodreads:

The last place you’d expect to find a team of criminals is at a prestigious Philadelphia prep school. But on a class trip to the U.S. Mint – which prints a million new coins every 30 minutes – an overlooked security flaw becomes far too tempting for a small group of students to ignore.

United by dire circumstances, these unlikely allies – the slacker, the nerd, the athlete, and the "perfect" student – band together to attempt the impossible: rob the U.S. Mint. The diverse crew is forced to confront their true beliefs about each other and themselves as they do the wrong thing for the right reasons.

Elisa Ludwig's Coin Heist is a fun, suspenseful, and compelling thriller, told from the revolving perspectives of four teens, each with their own motive for committing a crime that could change all of their lives for the better—if they can pull it off.

My Review:

I've had Coin Heist on my kindle since 2014 and finally decided to dive into it this week.

It was quick and interesting read but it was not my favorite plot wise. The plot was okay but kind of basic and the emphasis on romance surprised me.

However, I did enjoy the four characters, even if I did not care for all of the POVS. My favorite one was Alice, and I was not a huge fan of her ending/romance. I grew to like Benny and Dakota and they had my favorite scenes/interactions.

The plot itself was okay, it was interesting at first but the ending was anticlimactic.

I recommend checking this out if you enjoy action based novels with romance.

My Rating:

3.5 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment