Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Things Books/Films Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them #96


The Broke and Bookish. 

1. The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock. It made me want to read and learn more about Alaska and the history of their statehood. 
19370304
2. Bernie by Ted Rall. The graphic novel about Bernie Sanders made me want to learn more about our election and what I believe in politics. 
25938003
3. U.S. History by OpenStax College. I had to read 16 chapters of this for my History college course and I might keep going, it is around 1,000 pages but it is well-written and interesting. 
25583916
4. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. The novel made me want to travel to Italy. :)
25844979
5. Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swensen #7) by Joanne Fluke. It brought back my desire to bake and I ended up randomly making a strawberry cobbler. :)
18966642
6. Displacement: A Travelogue by Lucy Knisley. It made my appreciate my grandparents and prompt me to spend more time with them. 
22488052
7. Genre, Gender, Race, and World Cinema by Julie F. Codell (Editor). My school text for my film minor that informed me I need to watch a lot more films, lol.
1395219

Films:

8. Steve Jobs (2015) - After watching this film twice I want to pick up the book about Jobs and learn more about him.
9. The Imitation Game (2014). The film inspired me to check out a novel about Turing. 
10. The Big Short (2015). Once again made me want to pick up the book and learn more about the financial system. 

1 comment:

  1. The Hannah Swensen series is my guilty pleasure! I haven't made any of the recipes from the books, but that's awesome that you did. Here's my own TTT, if you'd like to check it out: http://newberyandbeyond.com/top-ten-things-books-made-want/

    ReplyDelete