Monday, July 18, 2016

Review: Falling for You by Jill Mansell


42001

Summary from Goodreads:

Love is always just around the corner in a Jill Mansell novel - with a few surprises and a lot of humour on the way to happiness

Maddy Harvey was a bit of an ugly duckling as a teenager, what with her NHS specs, unfortunate hair and wonky teeth. Thankfully she's blossomed since then. But when she meets Kerr McKinnon one starry summer's night and discovers, days later, who he actually is... well, that's when the problems really start. Because everyone in Ashcombe knows what happened eleven years ago, and as far as her mother's concerned, Marcella would rather tear that family to pieces with her bare hands than see Maddy associate with a McKinnon.

It's Romeo and Juliet all over again. Quick, hide those sharp knives and that little bottle of poison...
 


My Review:

Once again I grabbed a book randomly off the shelf at my local library and did not regret it. I was in the mood for some fluffy romance and this hit the spot. Plus, I'm reading out side of my genre comfort zone and that is always scary and fun.

The plot was a bit muddled and there were so many characters that it was hard to focus but in the end it was a fun light read with an interesting romance. 

I enjoyed the story lines of the side characters and did not really care for the romance, and I was glad that the novel did not just focus on them.

I recommend checking it out if you enjoy fluffy romance! :)

My Rating:
3 Stars Out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment