Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza


17697594
Summary from Goodreads:

Pitched as a "Bourne Identity"-type sci-fi thriller about a teenage girl who discovers that she is a Mobile Intel Life-like Android, an experiment in artificial intelligence created by the U.S. government, and her scientist mother, who kidnapped her when she was found to have human emotions.

My Review:


I've been slowly reading this novel for the last month or so (and it has been on my kindle for years), it was not bad I just did not want to read it quickly and the pacing was not the best.

The plot was okay but it could have been quicker, it had a few plot elements and not very much information about the android aspect, and it was around 470 pages with very little plot development. 

However, despite the lack of plot I still enjoyed and connected with the main character Mila and I'm interested in the reading the second novel. 

I recommend checking out the series if you enjoy light science fiction.

My Rating:

Four Stars Out of Five

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really intriguing. Is there any sort of relationship stuff that happens? I think that the tidbit with the mother sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some relationship ship stuff at the start not much but it looks like book 2 will have more

      Delete