Friday, June 17, 2016

Review: Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley


26109391
Summary from Goodreads:

Sixteen-year-old Solomon is agoraphobic. He hasn’t left the house in three years, which is fine by him.

Ambitious Lisa desperately wants to get into the second-best psychology program for college (she’s being realistic). But is ambition alone enough to get her in?

Enter Solomon.

Determined to “fix” Sol, Lisa steps into his world, along with her charming boyfriend, Clark, and soon the three form an unexpected bond. But, as Lisa learns more about Sol and he and Clark grow closer and closer, the walls they’ve built around themselves start to collapse and their friendships threaten to do the same.

My Review:

I'm in the minority with this novel, it was a 3 star read, an okay novel for me. However, it was not the writing instead it was one of the main aspects of a character (Lisa) and the plot that turned me off.

I loved the writing style and the plot was interesting but not liking Lisa made reading her POV hard and I felt that the novel would have been better with only a POV from Solomon or even Clark. However, it was opposite with Solomon, I adored him and I did not feel like Lisa really got a good punishment for tricking him (I kind of doubt that in real life that they would still be friends).

I also felt that the novel could have been longer, maybe with a part where Lisa learns a lesson about her actions.

If you can get past the Lisa POVS and some aspects of the plot I still recommend this because of the writing and Solomon.

My Rating:

Three Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment